June 2015 - Present
WASATCH DESIGN COLLECTIVE
Dec 2013 - April 2015
- Used origami and other folding techniques to develop
- a series of furniture pieces.
- Designed website and print material, and managed all social media.
- As a collective we displayed our work in multiple
- international design shows including Clerkenwell Design Week and DesignMarch in Reykjavik.
- Worked closely with other designers in the collective.
Oct 2014 - April 2015
- Selected by BYU ID faculty to run the Sketch Lab, a weekly supplemental drawing class open to all industrial design students.
- Taught digital and analog sketching techniques to a wide range of skill levels.
CINCO DESIGN OFFICE
Industrial Design Intern
June - Aug 2014
- Worked on a wide variety of products for companies such as Nixon, Poler and Union Bindings.
- Taught workshops on using Keyshot VR as well as using the Silhouette Paper Cutter.
- Worked alongside product and brand teams on an innovative retail fixture system.
HENCIL DESIGN STUDIO
Jan 2013 - Dec 2013,
Jan 2014 - Sept 2015 (contracting)
- Worked on client projects for companies such as Goldcoast Skateboards and Wicked Audio.
- Interfaced directly with factories and clients daily.
- Assisted in designing the studio space and branding.
March - Sept 2013
- Worked with clients to take rough ideas and sketches into clearly communicated orthographic line drawings. This often involved a lot of creativity to solve problems that hadn't been thought through.
- Helped prepare those drawings for patent filing.
- Worked on dozens of patents on a tight schedule.
Industrial Design Intern
Dec 2012 - Apr 2013
- Explored potential product concepts for a new
- childrens’ furniture line.
- Developed graphics that have been applied to many of their products.
- Designed and prototyped furniture that has been put into production.
BYU LIBRARY iLEARNING DEPT.
Aug 2009 - July 2010,
Aug 2012 - Apr 2013
- Assisted in creating dozens of interactive and video tutorials for the BYU Library.
- Took projects from initial storyboarding through to filming, applying motion graphics in After Effects, and final editing.
LISTAHÁSKÓLI ÍSLANDS (iceland academy of the arts)
BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY
BFA Industrial Design
Adobe Creative Suite
Rapid Prototyping (CNC, 3D printing, laser cutting, etc)
HTML / CSS
IDSA STUDENT MERIT AWARD WINNER
Selected to represent BYU at the IDSA Western District Conference in San Jose.
Displayed my work at the 2015 DesignMarch Festival in Reykjavik, Iceland.
CLERKENWELL DESIGN WEEK
Displayed a number of furniture pieces in the Platform Show at CDW 2014 in London.
ADOBE MAX 2014
ADOBE LINE CONTENT CREATION
Worked with Adobe’s creative team to create sketches that would highlight upcoming features being announced for Adobe Line for the iPad. These drawing would also be used as marketing and promotional materials for Line.